Tuesday, October 24, 2006

reborn

Yesterday at about 5:20 in the afternoon my sister gave birth to her first child. A healthy Irish baby girl by the name of Brinn. Thus, I became an uncle for the first time. It was a great day and a welcome addition to the family. As I sat in the hospital with my sis, Seth and my folks I couldn't help but have this weird feeling. A feeling of there is something more here that is going unnoticed. Just then it hit me. When I was in high school, my best friend Matt had pasted away in an automobile accident. Being a sophmore it was a devastating time for the family and friends of Matt. I remember going to numerous birthday parties as a youngster at his families home in Lake Harmony, around the end of October. Wait a minute! Matt's birthday fell on October 23rd, the same day my niece was born. Realizing, I turned to my folks with what was happening here. Later on that night I got a call from Matt's brother to congradulate me on becoming an uncle. We both talked about the forces that were at work on October the 23rd and both felt that someone is keeping an eye on who he loved. Things work in mysterious ways and that's what makes life worth living. Congradulations to Seth and my sister on the start of there new family and thanks to Matt for being a great friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats to you and your family. The name Brinn is way cool.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of you and thank you for sharing that beautiful story. Can't wait to meet Brinn!