Thursday, October 19, 2006

jay dejesus

This morning when I arrived at work and checked my mail I found this. On Monday October 16 Jay became ill with a high fever and headache and on Tuesday night was hospitalized for an unknown illness. The illness progressed rapidly and according to his doctors is life threatening. He remains in critical condition in the ICU at Wilkes-Barre General Hospital and is on life support systems. At this point his diagnosis has not been firmly established. The doctors suspect viral encephalitis, possibly the result of an insect bite and it is a great mystery as to how such a rapid onset and debilitating sickness could attack such a young and healthy man so quickly. His blood is being tested at outside labs and it may take days for results to influence the treatment. Please share this information with any of his friends so that we can all pray for his soonest recovery.

This email was sent to me by Jay's girlfriend. Jay has been one of my favorite riding partners for years, and has brought me through the ranks of mountain biking/bike mechanics since I was a grom. I recall the first time I met Jay was at a mountain bike race that I attended with my friend Chris Van Dine. I raced BMX at the time and was dabbling with mountain biking. Jay and I clicked, do to our love of bikes and a true friendship was forged. A picture of Jay is in the below post from Sunday's Thorpe ride. Let us all keep Jay in our thoughts and prayers for a positive outcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is not right. If you talk to him or his girlfriend, tell them that I am thinking about them. Kinda scary..