Sunday, October 22, 2006

good news/crossed up


Good news about Jay. He is coming around and is improving slowly right now. It is definetly a step in a good direction. Continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers. On Sunday I rolled my butt down to the first state for some cross racing. I just do it for fun and something to get me out of town for the day. I always have a good time if cycling is involved. Anyway, rolling out of town down the turnpike the foliage was awesome. The leaves are the best right before they drop. Getting my prerace on with a little Social D, coffee, gatorade, and a bitchin' hangover from a few 90 Minute IPA's the night before, I was looking to have me some fun. The event at Granogue was pretty good. The course is fun and the free beer is even better. It is fun rolling up to the start with a bunch of serious racer types with bling bling bikes with myself on a singlespeeder with flat bars. I try to represent. My gear may have been a little tall, 44-18, but I hammered and finished about mid-pack. Continuing on with the festivities Werner and I drank a few brews spectating for the rest of the event. The Elite race was killer. Some dudes were riding this climb that was so brutal. After the race I rolled north for a night of crazy ale guzzling and a late night trip to the local greasy spoon. Fantastic!

No comments: