Thursday, October 05, 2006

Into The Night

Last night I packed up my gear and rolled to what I think is the coolest group nightride around. It is hosted by the Bean's Bikeshop crew and the start/finish is at the Victory Brewery. What more can someone ask for! Beers, Bikes, Hmmmm? Anyway, the ride is not for the aerobically challenged. I did say it met at the Victory Brewery! It is a rippin' pace, and the trails alot pushing the limilts of speed on twisty singletrack. I dig the ride because it is totally different terrain than what I normally ride. I got there a little early so I was able to carboload like a true warrior on a small one at the bar. Mark also had the same idea. I met the crew, mostly Beaners, but some new folks showed up. Good luck to them. We rolled out and got moving quickly. Zippin' through the woods with a light on your helmet is awesome. A few turns and a stop for a safety check someone noticed that the new guy got dropped. I guess he is a possible Beaner for next year. After maxing the heartrate in both directions, drinking all my water it was off to the brewery for some eats and treats. Killer ales from PA is on the menu. Usually a nice brown/darker ale is good for me in the fall. After a few ales, watching some guys climb a flag pole, and a few 70 yard dashes, I was back on the good road. Thanks to the Bean's crew for showing me their trails. They are a blast, the crew and the trails. Bob for hooking me up with Craig's light, and Craig for lending me a light for the night. Until next time, rubber side down, smile side up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, try not to hold everyone up next time!!!

huber said...

Like I said thank you for letting me show you your trails! Just kidding, I love riding with ya'll! Can't wait for the 15th.

Anonymous said...

Jamie, you were pretty easy on us in Thorpe on Monday. And good eye catching the timber rattler "in repose". That was some great riding. My ears are still ringing from the Tool show though...