Wednesday, August 08, 2007

wun "O" wun

I'd have to say it was a good day. This was a first for me, racing/riding the Wilderness 101, and I was partially interested to see how I would hold up considering this year was the most I have ever turned my cranks in competition. Driving to Coburn by my lonesome had me strategizing gear and goodies to take on the trail, and in my droppity bags. Although my travels were solo, I did have a new friend along for the journey. The ride was epic, on trails and roads that I have traveled before thanks to Griz, and my time was not to shabby rolling in in 9hrs. 1min. At one point, at the bottom of the Greenlee Rd. climb, I envisioned a cold, hops infused, bottle of refreshment. Turning my head towards an upcoming cabin I noticed a secret feed station with a sign that read "Free Beer," I think? Anyway, it was some swill Keystone Light, but it will have to do till the end of this ride. The post race party/cookout was ragin' with keg stands and all good things! Thanks to Chris Scott for putting together events such as the 101. I'll be back!

1 comment:

gwadzilla said...

chris scott rocks!