Friday, August 24, 2007

i'll tell you about that driver

My drive has been minimal this last week.5. I felt beat down last weekend, so I had to bag on riding with folks I really wanted to ride with. Then the rain rolled in with some cold temps for my last few days before the beginning of the school year. It feels kind of funny rolling out on the road bike in August with leg and arm warmers on, but it's better than sweating before you throw your leg over it! It seems that the chill has been coming from many directions as of late and I have been assessing myself and my goals. Past, present, and future. Thinking about those phone calls from friends that are loading up the wagons for adventure! Could it be a sign of what needs to be done on my part? "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work," says Thomas Edison. Venturing is work, but well worth the effort. Success never was achieved by not sticking it out there. It's soon time to hang up the number plate and toss some new strings on an old friend I got from a friend, and do some thinking. Sometimes the grass is bluer on the other side!

2 comments:

Zach said...

well put

forty f15teen said...

i feel ya brotherman.

wanderlust is a dirty girl. all you want is just one ride, and once you get it, it's never enough.