Monday, March 26, 2007

kills







Recently, I've been putting a lot of hard solo miles in on the local terrain. This weekend I figured I would probably be riding alone as well, so I decided to join my roommate and his friends for a weekend in the Catskills of New York. Most of the group was going up to unwind from marriages, girlfriends or the grind, I was also going for some R&R and some road biking adventure. We all met at Joe's cabin, right outside Woodstock, on Friday. Beers were flowing and good vibes were in the air. Just a bunch of involved dudes trying to get interesting stories out of the bachelor types. The next morning was frosty and sunny. I couldn't wait to get rollin'. I stuffed my pockets with food and maps and off I was. The riding up there is sweet. Just rolling around mountain with some topos, hooking together roads, talking to farm boys in the middle of nowhere. Some were like, "What the hell you doing all the way out here?" After about 6hrs and a pretty big ride, it started raining. Luckily I was on my way back to the cabin where the crazy brew was fresh. It rained all night and the next morning, so I headed back to JT where I could get in another beautiful day. Most bands are the originators of great songs, but sometimes it takes someone else to come along and make that song come alive. As I ride along the Richies Havens version of The Beatles "Here Comes the Sun" comes on my ipod. Just a fitting song for the season. Here comes the sun, and I say, it's alright!

1 comment:

JenBob said...

solo ride in the Catskills - sweet!