Wednesday, February 07, 2007

drool

So I paid off my gas guzzler a few back and was wondering about upgrades for my road bike. I have been rolling on the same setup for a while and things were wearing out. Road components are pricey, espescially for someone like me who isn't into the high zoot road machines, but none the less upgrades were in order for my beat componentry. Adding stuff up, I was pushing the idea of buying a new bike. Should I. Talking to my roommate, Scott, who got a brand new carbon Trek at the beginning of the summer, he said it would be worth it to get a sweet ride. I have been rolling on a half new at the time/half used at the time build that I put together with whatever I could get that was the cheapest and lightest for the cash. New bike, hell yeah. I did some researching products, talked to some folks, emailed some bros, and like bikes built buy americans. Also, getting something below retail is also in mind, I made my decision. I went with a Cannondale Synapse. In true fashion for the month of love. I have only rolled around town on it a few times so far, but hopefully tomorrow will be my first somewhat extended ride on her, and yes this is my only geared bike.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Bitch! That is dope -- I have the exact same bike, except mine is all blacked out w/black wheels, spokes, brakes, derails, bar tape, etc. You'll dig the ride when we rip up the dirt roads this summer...

Jay d.

JenBob said...

gears are for queers! Get that shit fixed!

JenBob said...

uh sorry for the rude remark about your sweet new ride. Karma came out and kicked my ass for it. Two hours away from home on my fixie, I realized the whole way back was going to be a headwind. Gears would have been really really nice. You'd think I would know these things by now.

Ride hard!

huber said...

I'll let it slide. You should ride on the road in the winter here. Home of the two way head wind.