Tuesday, January 23, 2007

the spoils

Gearing up for the weekend, finally some snow on the way, I seal the envelope. My last car payment and I own the Blazin' Blazer. What a feeling to pay something off. On the horn with DeJesus to ride Mountain Top on Saturday. It will be the first snow ride of the year. The east coast has been missing out on the white. Readying my gear for the next day, I head off with a few friends to get some brews and gas for the next day. Yes, I said gas. I am renowned for running out of gas from time to time, especially in the middle of Michaux State Forest. Hmmm, that's odd my car did get us to the gas station, right? Needless to say my paidoff car was dead at the gas pump. Fuck! Pushed'er on out of the way and started to bang around on the starter for a bit. Whipped out the AAA card for the tow to the garage. There was nothing major wrong, just needed a few bits tightened I guess, but there is always that little whatever saying, "Yeah muther fucker! Take that!" Saturdays ride was the shit. Singletrackin' in a few inches of snow made me feel better till my car got looked at on Monday. I now have my sights on a new vehicle, or at the least the chasis of a new one. Stay freeky.

No comments: